Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Crazy Few Weeks

Well, it looks like it's been a month since I wrote last. I'll try and get better at this.

The last few weeks have been busy, but really quite fun.

We've made some friends in our ward, David and Patrice. David works for Disney and can get friends in to parks free as long as he or his wife comes. His wife and I went to the Animal Kingdom one day with our two little girls, and then they took us to the Magic Kingdom a few days later. Unfortunately, I don't have any good pictures from either of those trips. I promise we aren't just friends with them because they can get us in to the parks free though. We enjoy just hanging out with them just as much. We've also had fun hanging out with some of the people Brent currently works with at Tupperware.

Then, my parents came out for a week. We really enjoyed seeing family again. They claim they were happy to see us, but we know they really came to see Abby. Abby had a lot of fun playing with them too. She was really smiley when my dad held her. She loved his funny noises and the way he played with her. She also liked the crazy songs my mom would sing to her.

While they were here, we visited Cocoa Beach, the Kennedy Space Center, and Epcot. We really enjoyed all of it, but I think my particular favorite was the Kennedy Space Center. I highly recommend it to anyone to ever makes it out to Orlando. We went on a bus tour up to the launch pads, they they take you into the control room that was used for the Apollo launches and you see a recording of what was going on right before and during the launch, and then you get to go into a big room and see the actual orbiter that was launched when they went to the moon. It's crazy to me to tour all the stuff. It somehow seems so futuristic, yet it was something that was used decades ago. Brent's co-intern Jing also went with us to the space center. Her favorite thing was to take pictures of Abby -the two bottom pictures here were taken by her.

First Trip to the Beach - As you can see she wasn't too thrilled about the cold water.

Princess Abby - My mom bought her this outfit at Downtown Disney

Just sittin' around with Grandma.
I don't know if you can see the globe in the background, but this is Epcot.

My dad was chosen to be King Arthur for one of the street plays at Epcot. Everytime after they said Holy Grail, he had to swing his hips and say "Cha Cha Cha boom, baby!" He was thrilled about doing this as any of you who know him can imagine.


A mime at my parents hotel came up to Abby and made her this animal balloon. She was much more interested in the mime than the balloon.
Rocket Boosters at Space Center - They're HUGE!

The Saturn Orbiter

Lunar Lander

Here's a picture with all of us. We're standing on top of some red and white floor lights.

Cute Picture of Abby. This was her 4th of July outift.

This is one of my favorite pictures. You don't think he likes his grandaughter, do you?

7 comments:

BECKY said...

Thank you so much for posting!!! You have such fantastic posts! You guys are doing so much... I love it!

Abby is really starting to plump up and I can see a lot of you in her Shanda!

I LOVE the picture of Grandpa and Abby... SO precious!!!

I loved all the details about Epcot and your dad dancing in the street and stuff. :)

Keep the posts coming! Love ya!

Jenny said...

What a cute little sweetheart!

The Bobos said...

Abby is so cute, Shanda! I think we need to visit you in Florida...it sounds like you guys are having a blast!

Cory & Alli said...

Abby's getting so big! She is so cute! I can't wait to see all you guys again!

Melanie said...

Abby is so cute! I can't wait to see her again! It has been too long!

Kindergarten with Mrs. Barton said...

I would like to see the update for Abby rolling over and the new apartment! Nana Jan

Colton Family said...

She is getting so big and is so gorgeous! I loved her outfit! I hope everything is going well for you!