Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Generosity

We have been blessed in so many ways since coming to Florida. In this post I would like to thank everyone who has been so generous to us since coming out. We have been blessed by the support of family who have visited us and tied up loose ends in Utah that we weren't able to finish before moving here. I'm also grateful for the friends and family who call me during the days just to chat because sometimes it gets a little lonely. We have also been blessed with several good friends here in the ward that we get together with often. But, I would especially like to thank Brent's co-worker, Doug, who has been such an incredible blessing to us since coming out.

When Brent first started work and Doug found out I was at home all day without a car, he volunteered to drive Brent to work everyday so that I could have the car during the days. This has been a great blessing as I have not been stranded all day long, it has saved us tons of money, and Brent has enjoyed getting to know Doug on their drives.

Doug has made sure we know where the safe areas in Orlando are. He makes sure we have directions when we are going somewhere. He tells us about activities I can do during the day and things we can do over the weekend. He called us when we were both stuck in traffic after we watched the shuttle launch so we could have ice cream together. He's done a whole bunch of things for us.

Last weekend he invited us over to his house so we could play the Wii with his son. While we were there, he and his wife gave us baby books, toys, a mobile, and a crib for Abby! They were things they had used with their boys when they were babies. We are so grateful (Abby included)!

Here's some pictures of Abby with her new things:


Abby loves her new mobile! As long as I keep winding it, she'll keep watching it. This has really come in handy while I make dinner.


. . . still staring at the mobile


First night sleeping in the crib


She loves holding these stuffed blocks and putting them in her mouth. These are the first toys she has really seemed to like.


So Doug, if you ever read this blog I hope you can see how grateful we are and how happy you have made a little baby girl . . . thank you, thank you, thank you!




3 comments:

Cami and Mitch said...

wow, Abby looks so big! I'm glad you have met some good friends in Orlando. No wonder you don't want to leave :)

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow, what a beautiful baby girl you have Shanda. I love her laugh!

maryirene said...

that is so wonderful to hear. moving is hard. being stuck at home can be harder. i like that guy even though i have never met him. so happy for you shanda. one kind person can make all the difference. thanks for sharing. it's great to know those people are out there. they are inspiring.