Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Kisses for Everyone

Our adorable little kiss

The weekend before Halloween we went to a neighborhood Halloween Party with Brent's co-worker Stacey. Halloween is always a big deal for Stacey's family and must always include creative homemade costumes (usually made out of felt). She got us in on it, so we went over to her house a couple hours before the party and threw together this little kiss costume for Abby. I have to give her the majority of the credit for the assembly though.

Brent and I wore costumes that she had made in the past, a whoopie cushion and Vanillaroma Car Scent, and Stacey dressed up as the Travelocity Gnome. The party was a progressive dinner that we moved from house to house for each course and Stacey made a prop to have at each house . . . mushrooms, a yellow suitcase, and a rake. It was hilarious! She motivated me to get into Halloween a little more in the future because it sure made things fun.


The felt family

Stacey and Brent had me try on the gnome costume after the party. I think my bubbly cheeks worked a little too well. We decided I'd made a great Santa Claus if I wasn't a girl.


The day before Halloween we went to our wards Trunk-or-treat. It was a lot of fun. Brent and I are the Nursery Teacher's in our ward so it was fun to see all the little kids dressed up in their costumes.
On Halloween, We had our friends Mike and Casey come over for dinner (I made the traditional Elmer Halloween Beef Stew and Breadsticks). We have been watching the Lost series' together every week since we moved in. We are on the second series right now, but needed to watch a few more episodes in order to finish before we move in a few weeks. So, we watched 3 episodes of Lost that night. They were pretty intense episodes, so I think they qualified as good Halloween material.

9 comments:

Marcus and Jenny said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with those costumes -- and the pumpkins. Way to go. Abby is getting so big. She is soooo sweet!

Chadlee said...

Abby is the cutest little thing! So cute in her costume.

Melanie said...

You should have been the gnome for sure!

Jamie Zvirzdin said...

Those were great pictures, Shanda! I like your cheeks!

Amanda said...

What a cute costume for Abby! I am so impressed!

BECKY said...

Oh my heck. You have THE cutest daughter EVER!!! She was the cutest kiss! And yes, you looked fabulous in the gnome costume! What fun costumes though! So fun to see these posts. Love ya!

Amy said...

What a fun Halloween! I love Abby's costume sucha cute idea! You are a great mom!

BECKY said...

I posted our wedding pics on my blog. :) You'll have to let me know what you think! I'd have to say we are some of the luckiest girls ever to get married there!!!

When do you come back?

Cami and Mitch said...

Shanda, the picture of you as a gnome is so funny! Are you going to be in Provo in january? If you are, can I get your address or maybe your parents would be better? for a baby shower invite..you can email it to me cami_thompson at hotmail dot com