Monday, June 16, 2008

Abby's First Two Weeks

Abby was a little angel in the hospital that hardly ever cried, but shortly after bringing her home she had a complete turn around. She suddenly seemed to be screaming all the time! Brent and I would just have to take turns all day and all night walking, bouncing, singing, or whatever it took to try and keep her calm. We found out when she went in for her two week doctor's appt. that she had lost quite a bit of weight and the doctor had me check to see how much milk I was producing. It turns out I was only producing about 1/8 of what a normal newborn should be drinking and that Abby had practically been starving for the first two weeks. We felt terrible! We immediately started bottle feeding her and pretty much since then we have had our little angel baby back.

Abby's second day at home. Her arms would swing around non-stop so we had to make sure she always had her mittens on so we could save her pretty face from her fingernails.


Abby's first bottle experience

Baby Blessing

No comments: